Sunday, September 28, 2008

I was reeling her in with my stare

tonight was amazing.
I'll try to write how the events went in order BUT I can't promise anything :p
okay, we got there at like 2ish, with 3 hours to kill so we just jammed out to RIOT! and Whisper War. We got out the car at 4:15ish and stood in line because people started coming. AT about 4:35ish a purple van pulled in with a white trailer attached. People started freaking out "AH ITS THEM" but I was like ....no, that's not The Mule...
I even told Alex, "Their van is white and unless it broke down and they had to take the purple one, its not them." SURE ENOUGH bout 5 mins later, what comes rolling in? THE MULE!! The van pulled in and my heart started beating faster and I got so nervous!! I think Cash or Marshall was driving but I'm not sure. So they pull up in the back and some girls run back there but I was just so scared and nervous, I stayed in the line. They opened the doors like half an hour late, which was really lame, but we got in and I ran over to the stage. I asked Alex to check out the prices for a shirt at the merch table but I was a couple bucks too short =/ I was talking to Alex about how I want to be in the middle but still able to see Marshall's piano. This rude lady in front of me was like "uh Marshall's piano is setup on that side" and pointed to the same side I did!! So I was like "Yeah,...I said that, I know that" freakin loser.
Well I'm looking around the club and who walks out of the curtain separating backstage and the audience area? ALEX DELEON---->aka SINGER!!! I was like OMJ there's the lead singer! As soon as I noticed him, a girl shrieked SINGER!!! Poor guy was trying to go to the bathroom when 3 girls came up and then that shrieking girl straight up ran across the club, nearly knocked him over with a hug and scared the poor guy half to death =(
So I waited until after he went potty and Alex told me GO! I was so nervous and scared and just walked up and said quietly "Hey, Singer, can I get an autograph?" I handed him my cd and he asked what I wanted signed. I said the cd please so he did! I was like "Thanks so much for coming to Victorville!" and he said shyly "No problem" and smiled. He was really quiet and OH DID I MENTION HOW SHORT HE IS? No wonder he looks scared, although onstage he isn't small or short at all. So I was feeling giddy and who walks out the curtain? David Blaise! So I ran up, kinda catching him off guard and said "Hey David, can I get a picture?" He said "Uhhh..sure" and so I took a picture of my shirt :p then one of both of us haha. I look horrible in it =/
I walked back over to the stage and was looking around for other Cab members again and see.....ALEX MARSHALL!!! So I grabbed my cd, asked Alex to take a pic and ran over. He was talking really nicely with an older lady who mentioned ATL haha. Then Marshall added how he had to drive all day too. All of a sudden Hey Monday started blasting and I couldn't hear anything but them. The older lady was done so I said as loud as I could if he would sign my CD and he did. Then I asked for a picture and he got really close and put his arm around me and I took another horrible picture =/ but he looks...bug-eyed! hahaha Marshall is awesome =)
So Hey Monday has a nice sound but with the girl lead singer and how much she tried to be like Hayley, I think they need to figure out their own sound and they will be better.
The guitarist closest to me was all "Thank you so much for singing along to ___(insert song title)___ I thought I was going to cry" it was really funny haha
then A Rocket To The Moon and they were really good! He has a nice voice and the music is awesome and I enjoyed the performance. The lead singer mentioned a party Hey Monday had last night and he was like "it was actually a big party and....I did laundry and went to sleep" HAHA that reminded me of me
then This Providence came on and as they were setting up I was like man Daniel is cute! haha
I enjoyed them a lot, they were great live and I want their new ep and stuff. Daniel is fun with his microphone and they all rock out!
then........THE CAB
they opened with One Of Those Nights. I was screaming so loud, and Marshall rocked the guitar.
Then they played Risky Business which was fun. After Risky Business, Singer said "Wow, 2 songs in and you are already our best crowd" which all the other bands said too =)
after that the set list gets fuzzy but I know they played That 70s Song, I'll Run, Take My Hand w/ the lead singer of Hey Monday, Can you Keep a Secret?(with a sick solo from Ian at the end!), This City Is Contagious(which they had never played live before according to Singer) and Vegas Skies!! This Ciy is Contagious was supposed to be their last song but Johnson was having trouble with the drums so Singer was like "Ok, we're gonna play a different song then that song. You like love songs? This is called Vegas Skies" and I almost died. I was upset they weren't going to play it but then they did! It was so beautiful, I love that song so much =)=) and it was just Singer and Ian on stage. Then they played This City Is Contagious and left. The crowd was yelling BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE so they came back out and played Bounce. Ian is amazing, he blows me away!
We went outside right after the show was over and walked around back. I didn't want any more pictures because I hate taking pictures, but I wanted Ian, Johnson and Cash's autographs. I just walked up to them!
I saw Johnson first and said "Hey Johnson, could you sign this for me?" He did and I told him thanks for coming, they were awesome. He smiled and said thank you. I said "You have to come back to Victorville" and he said "We will, I PROMISE." hah he promised!!! So then I walked up to Ian and asked him and he said yes. He has a really easy smile and I told him he rocked on the guitar. He thanked me for coming and I went after Cash. He was talking with 3 other guys and I said "Excuse me Cash," he looked at me and was like OHHH! like he stopped immediately to talk with me and even if that's not true, it was nice. I asked him for his autograph and said "Wow,I got all 5 of you...I rock haha" then I was like "Thanks so much for coming" and he looked at me seriously and said "No, thank you for coming." I thought he was really sweet! He is a great character onstage.
We had to leave so it was short and sweet but I kept thinking I GOT ALL 5 SIGNTURES!!!!

it was so amazing and so much fun. I want to see The Cab again.
I also want This Providence and A Rocket To The Moon's music.
Thank you Ian, Cash, Johnson, Singer and Marshall, tonight was amazing =)=)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

AHHHH AMY!!!!!
THAT SOUNDS SO AWESOME!!!
They sound like really really nice guys, I'm so glad you got to meet them.
And I agree, in the picture Alex Marshall does look bugeyed hahahah :P
But ahhhh!!! All of them seem like such cool people and they promised to come back to Victorville so BAM!!!! :D next time, you're taking me. :D

i'm so glad you had a great night. :)

Anonymous said...

oh and that was THE BOMB that they ended playing vegas skies!!! i'm listening to it right now. :D i'm sure you were so excited when they said they were gonna play it. :D you're so lucky, i'm jealous. :D