your arms like towers, tower over me
no one, NO ONE understands what they mean to me. One person understands a lot but she doesn't truly understand why or what it is they truly, honestly mean to me, which isn't anyone's fault. It's only because they (or should I say SHE) isn't inside my head to know what they mean. She listens to me blabber on and on and on about him, and the music and the other band members. She says things that make me incredibly happy to think about and she feels the same way about the music. Without their music, I have no idea where I would be right this moment. Their music makes me feel so empowered, as if nothing can touch me and I am in some other place, my happy place. It makes me feel wonderful, hopeful, optimistic, strong, thoughtful and happy.
Listening to We Are Broken live, after she dedicated it to the victims of sex trafficking, I got chills hearing the piano, Hayley's vocals, Zac's beating of the drums, Josh's guitar, Taylor on the xylophone looking thing and Jeremy banging his drum as if his life depended on it. Then at the end, when I thought the song had ended, they started it up again and a tear fell. Then another and more continued as they kept playing. It was beautiful!
I really, really, really wish anyone else besides you could understand, and yet, I think about some people and they wouldn't appreciate the amazingness. If they don't appreciate it, then its their own fault. They are missing out.
Sunday, November 23, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment