November 1st- the most amazing day I've had in a long time.
We got to the House of Blues at 3ish, close to 4 and it was really cool looking- kinda like a shack but sooo much nicer on the inside. We had to wait til 7:30 for doors to open and during that time I play I Spy hahah. Within 10 minutes of getting I saw Alex Gaskarth and a girl who I assumed to be his girlfriend. He was wearing flip flops which tickled me because it was a windy, chilly, rainy day haha.
Then I saw a guy that I thought was in Every Avenue- but it turns out he wasn't =p I saw Jack running up the street and some girls yelled his name so he turned and smiled.
I saw who I assumed to be Pat from The Maine at one point too. I texted Mel saying that I was worried that Mayday Parade wasn't there cause I hadn't seen any members but just then Alex Garcia walked by on the opposite side of the street =) then I saw Zack from ATL too. I liked I Spy hahaaha.
The doors opened and we went inside. Both its nice inside and I went straight to the pit I guess it would be called although they have chairs and stuff.
Every Avenue was okay; I didn't really know their music or anything.
The Maine were really good! Girls started screamingggggg so loud and before they started Girls Do What They Want, John Oh had his bakc to the crowd dancing and he spit up water like a fountain, which I thought was pretty cool. Very cool live, I enjoyed them. I really loved though during I Must Be Dreaming, John Oh saw people on the ground in the center and said "Hey! Pick up those people! Pick them up!"
Then he added after the song was over, "I'm all for you guys getting crazy and having a good time but if someone falls, pick them up! That's scary" Then he paused and said laughing, "No! Don't stomp on their heads."
I thought that was super cool because he is the only person that I've seen at a concert tell the crowd that, I thought it was really sweet =)
I liked The Maine! Then came MAYDAY PARADE!!!
Ah I was sooooo excited, I was trembling and nervous and anxious and so happy. I saw all 5 come onstage and I screamed! like really, I s-c-r-e-a-m-e-d.
They opened with Three Cheers For Five Years and it was so energetic. I loved it, I even felt my throat close and I almost cried. I love them so much. I don't even think I screamed as loudly at Bamboozle or The Cab. I love watching them play the stage. The rest of the songs were (in no order): Black Cat; Jaime All Over; When I Get Home, You're So Dead; Ocean and Atlantic; I'd Hate To Be You When People Find Out What This Song Is About; Miserable At Best(acoustic partly); and Jersey.
Ahh during Miserable at Best, Derek was playing the piano and Jake was singing his vocals but not playing the drums. Well when Jake was singing, Derek looked in my direction into the crowd and smiled. It was such a genuinely happy Thank-you-so-much smile that almost made me melt. He was so pleased with the crowd singing along and it was amazing. Then at the end, suddenly Alex, Brooks and Jeremy ran back onstage and plaayed the ending, with Jake playing the drums. I loved watching and singing that so much.
At one point, I forget which song, Alex stood on a stool and was hanging towards the crowd. Slowly his eyes drifted close and he just played. He played his guitar and looked as if he surrendered himself to the music. Then slowly he opened his eyes again, a smile growing on his lips and I screamed WOOO because it was a beautiful moment. I don't think I'll forget it.
Alex makes me think of Josh. He doesn't really look like him but his personality, his quiet, intenseness and passionate guitar playing makes me think of Josh.
I love Mayday Parade so much.
All Time Low was next and they opened with Poppin Champagne then played Shamless which I loveddddd.
They said really funny stuff, mentioned some sexual crap(of course its ATL) and played nice music.
Some songs they played were:
Lullabies!; The Party Scene; Coffee Shop Soundtrack; Jasey Rae; Circles; Holly(Would You Turn Me On); The Beach; Six Feet Under The Stars; and a ouple others I'm forgetting.
Shameless or Lullabies were some of my favorites, I think.
We left and didn't stick around to try and meet the band because it was really late and we had to go by Alex's mom's. Plus it was our first time in Hollywood and Jenn was really worried so we just left. I'm happy with just seeing Mayday Parade; they completely blew me away and I want to see them again in a heartbeat.
I think about their show and get chills. I tried to tell Jenn and Taylor about it but all I can say is it was amazing because I feel like I'm going to cry.
Its kinda weird cause usually I feel so alive after a concert, and I did after Mayday but I also want to cry. Paramore didn't even make me feel like crying. Mayday Parade are amazing. I am so glad I went.
Sunday, November 2, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment