Saturday, November 20, 2010

"I love you and don't claim otherwise."

I wish I could adequately express how I feel. I can't even speak how I feel aloud to the very person. but you know what? he accepts that. Instead of growing impatient and demanding me to explain, he simpy asks if writing it down would be better. He asks me if I want to text it, rather than telling him over the phone. I'm not surprised anymore, I know him enough, I've been with him enough to grow accustomed to him treating me this way. He accepts me. Never once has he made me feel like I wasn't worth it or that I wasn't the one he wanted. Despite being accustomed to his sensitivity, it always touches me deeply when he offers me the option of simply texting the issue as opposed to having to force myself to explain. He seems to sense it, whether it be that I hesitate a fraction of a second too long or if I sound just a bit odd, he somehow always knows. I often become frustrated with myself because it is so difficult to express things at times. I feel like I let him down constantly, but it is never a result of how he treats me. He treats me like I am the most important thing to him. It never fails to amaze me that he cares so much. He truly cares. He cares about how I feel, what I think, what I like, how he makes me feel. I haven't met anyone who even remotely holds a candle to him. I've never met someone who sees me the way he sees me. He is the one person that I have been completely honest with. I've never allowed myself to be so vulnerable and never once have I come to regret my choice to be so open with him. I feel safe when with him, like he doesn't even see my clearly obvious imperfections. I've never met anyone who loved me for me.

No comments: